- 400 g Homemade puff pastry or bought at the baker's
- 30 g Icing sugar
- 50 cl Semi-skimmed milk
- 1 clove Vanilla
- 3 Egg
- 50 g Wheat flour
- 100 g Granulated sugar
- 30 cl Whole liquid cream
- 80 g Granulated sugar
- 15 cl Whole liquid cream
- 25 g Half-salt butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (6/7). Bake the puff pastry between 2 plates for 20 minutes, then remove the top plate and finish cooking for 5 minutes. Preheat the grill in the oven. Sprinkle the dough with icing sugar and caramelize under the grill. Book.
- Prepare the cream: bring the milk to a boil and let the open vanilla brewed in 2 and scraped. Whisk vigorously the eggs with the sugar until they whiten. Add the flour, then the hot milk, put back in the pan and bring everything to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour the cream in a box, film with the cream and reserve for 1 hour.
- Once it has cooled, whip this custard until it is smooth, and add the 30 cl of whipped cream. Delicately add the whipped cream to the pastry cream. Fill a piping bag with this mixture and reserve.
- For caramel, sprinkle sugar on a heavy-bottomed frying pan and let caramelise without mixing. Once the sugar has turned red, add the half-salted butter and mix well, then add the liquid cream as you go. Mix and let cool.
- Cut the puff pastry into 3 pieces of the same size. Cover the first 2 pieces of cream, then layer the 3 layers of the millefeuille. Cut frankly with a thick knife. Serve with the caramel separately.