Triangles with applesauce, salted butter caramel sauce
- 1 Vanilla-almond ball (see recipe)
- 5 Apple (of at least 2 different varieties)
- 2 Vanilla pod
- 1 Yellow lemon
- 100 g Powdered sugar
- 20 cl Cream cream room temperature
- 50 g Half-salt butter diced
- 1/2 Yellow lemon
- Crushed hazelnut
- For the compote, take half of the zest and lemon juice. Chop the peel very finely. Peel the apples and remove the hearts. Cut into pieces and place in a non-stick pan with 2 vanilla split and scraped, 2 tbsp. tablespoons lemon juice and chopped zest.
- Start cooking covered, over medium heat, and leave 5 to 6 minutes, until the apples soften. Remove the lid, leave for another 2 minutes, then switch to low heat and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool in the pan before removing the vanilla pods.
- For the sauce, pour the sugar into a saucepan with 1 tbsp. water, 10 drops of lemon juice, and melt over medium heat. As soon as the caramel has a nice amber color, remove it from the heat, pour the cream all at once (watch out for splashes!), Then add the butter cubes and whisk. Put the pan back on low heat, whip briskly and allow to thicken over low heat for a good 5 minutes. Book.
- Flour the work surface and spread the dough finely (by roller or rolling mill). In the dough, cut out large squares (using a serrated wheel or a knife), then cut them in half to obtain triangles.
- Place 1 spoonful of stuffing in a triangle (not too close to the edge), then slightly dampen the contours with a brush wet with water. Put another triangle on top and press the edges to close the whole thing. Repeat to form the rest of the triangles.
- Plunge them 4 to 5 min in the boiling water and enjoy them immediately, accompanied by caramel sauce and hazelnuts.