Traditional onion soup
- 500 g Onion
- 70 g Half-salt butter
- 2 L Poultry broth
- 10 cl Dry white wine
- 12 tranches French baguette
- 200 g grated cheese
- 1 C. soup Flour
- 1 Thyme sprig
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Peel and finely slice the onions.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the onions and let them melt gently, until they turn a nice golden color. Mix very regularly.
- Add the flour to the rain, mix. Pour the white wine, then add the broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper and a few pinches of nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes covered.
- Preheat the oven grill. Put 2 slices of baguette in the bottom of 6 bowls. Fill them with soup and sprinkle with cheese. Spend a few minutes under the grill for gratin. Serve immediately.