Terrine of foie gras with white port
- 1 Deveined raw foie gras (500 g)
- 7 c. soup White port
- 2 tbsp. coffee Fine salt
- 1 C. coffee Ground white pepper
- Mix salt and pepper. Gently massage the entire surface of the lobes of the foie gras placed side by side in a dish. Water port. Shoot and let stand 6 to 12 hours in the refrigerator, flipping each lobe twice.
- Drain the lobes. Put them one on the other (the biggest under) in a terrine or a small casserole. Cover. Reserve 30 min at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven on th. 6 (150 ° C). Put the terrine or casserole in a baking dish. Pour simmering water halfway up. Bake. Cook for 35 minutes.
- With two slotted spatulas, remove the lobes and place them in a stainless colander over a bowl. Let them drain for 5 minutes, then put them in a bowl just large enough to hold them (depending on its quality, the foie gras reduces more or less when cooked). Cover with food film. Take a weight of 500 g. Let stand 1 hour.
- Filter the fat. Reserve it at room temperature. Pour it on the foie gras in 1 cm layer. Cover and refrigerate 48 h You can keep this terrine 8 days in the fridge.