Surprise cake for Valentine's Day
- 1 pot Strawberry yoghurt
- 3 Egg
- 2 pots Sugar
- 1/2 pot Vegetable oil
- 3 pots Flour
- 2 tbsp. soup Milk
- 1/2 sachet Chemical yeast
- 2 tbsp. coffee Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Cell
- 115 g Red food coloring
- 200 g Half-salt butter
- 100 g Tanzania Chocolate 75% Barry
- 3 Flour
- 130 g Egg
- Chocolate coulis and / or strawberry coulis
- Chocolate or strawberry ice cream
- Cocoa Powder
- Sweet decor in the shape of a heart
- Pink cake: Preheat your oven to 180 ° C.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar. Then add strawberry yoghurt, milk, oil, vanilla, flour and yeast. Mix to obtain a homogeneous paste. Add the dye and mix: dose according to the color you want (pink or dark red).
- Using a mixer, whisk the egg whites into another bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Carefully add the egg whites to the previous preparation, using a spatula.
- Pour the dough into a buttered and floured cake mold to facilitate demolding. Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before unmolding and let cool completely.
- When the cake is cold, cut it into 1 cm thick slices. Using a cookie cutter, cut hearts in the center of each slice and set aside.
- Chocolate cake: melt Barry chocolate and bain-marie butter.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. Add to this mixture the melted chocolate, then the flour.
- In another cul-de-poule, whip up the whites to the beater.
- Add the whites to the snow gently in the previous preparation. Book the chocolate dough.
- The assembly: in a buttered and floured cake mold, place the hearts against each other, following and well glued, over the entire length of the mold (see our video below).
- Carefully pour the chocolate dough into the mold on the pink hearts.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 ° C. (It is better if the cake is still very soft rather than overcooked, as it is still cooking at the end of the oven.) Leave to cool for 20 minutes before unmolding.
- The decor: sprinkle the cake with cocoa powder and serve with ice cream. You can also decorate this cake with a chocolate sauce and sweet decorations like Scrapcooking hearts.