- 1 petite Lettuce well-headed
- 6 Frozen raw shrimp
- 1 big Purple onion
- 1 pinch Ginger powder
- 1 filet Olive oil
- 4 c. soup Peanut oil
- 1 C. soup Rice vinegar
- 1 C. coffee Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Sort the lettuce, brought from the market or bought in sachet. Reserve the large green leaves for making the bites and keep the yellow leaves, smaller and crunchy, to taste them as an accompaniment.
- The stuffing: roughly chop the raw thawed shrimps and peeled, add the diced onion, which you have previously sweated in olive oil without letting it color. Mix these two ingredients well, season them with salt, pepper and ginger powder.
- Place a stuffing nut in the center of a lettuce leaf, roll into a ball (if the leaf is not soft enough, soften it 5 seconds before steaming). In this way, make ten bites and arrange them in a bamboo steamer basket. Place this one 4 minutes above a pan of boiling water.
- Vinaigrette: In a bowl, mix peanut oil with rice vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper. Serve with the salad, and the bites.