- 500 g For about 20 cannoli
- 60 g Flour
- 50 g Softened butter
- 20 g Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. soup Cocoa powder
- 1 Marsala (or white wine)
- 1 pinch Egg (50 g)
- 2 l Cell
- 750 g Oil for cooking (peanut)
- 155 g For alla ricotta cream
- 1 Ewe Ricotta (depending on the season) or cow
- Zest of 1 Icing sugar
- 50 g Scraped vanilla bean
- 50 g of nuggets Organic orange
- 50 g For the decoration
- Chopped pistachio
- Dark chocolate
- Candied orange
- The dough: mix all the ingredients with the robot equipped with the leaf. Form a ball with this pretty compact paste. Shoot and let stand overnight cool.
- Spread the dough finely with a rolling pin or baking machine (about 1 mm). The dough should be smooth and soft to the touch. With a cookie cutter, cut 12 cm diameter discs, then roll them out again to give them an oval shape.
- Wrap a disc around a cannoli mold (metal tube), slightly moisten the ends and press to weld.
- Immerse the cannolo in a frying bath at 180 ° C. When inflated and browned evenly (about 1 min) remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towel and allow to cool. Repeat the process until the dough is gone.
- The alla ricotta cream, the day before: let one night cool the ricotta in a colander placed on a salad bowl.
- The same day, mix the ricotta with the icing sugar, the orange zest and the vanilla pulp. At the last moment, garnish the cannoli with cream using a pastry bag. Decorate their ends with sticks of candied orange peel, chopped pistachios or chocolate chips. Sprinkle with icing sugar.