Shortbread filled with lemon and chocolate
- 280 g Flour
- 1/2 c. coffee Chemical yeast
- 75 g Almond powder
- 2 tbsp. soup Icing sugar
- 115 g Semi-salt butter cut into cubes
- 50 g Granulated sugar
- 1 C. coffee Natural vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 75 g Chocolate and hazelnut spread
- 75 g Lemon curd
- Ice sugar to decorate
- Mix the almond powder, icing sugar, and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the bowl of a robot. Add in the bowl the butter cut into small pieces and the powdered sugar. Beat at medium speed until the mixture is frothy. Gradually add the egg, and the flour mixed with the yeast, continuing to mix. Finish kneading the dough by hand to form a homogeneous ball. Pack it in cling film, and reserve 2 hours cool.
- Spread the dough with a roll of 3 mm thick. A tip: take small portions of dough to spread as you go, keeping the rest cool (your dough will remain firm and easier to work). Cut out circles of dough with the round cookie cutter. Reserve half of the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut out the center of the other dough discs, the shapes of your choice using smaller cookie cutters. Spread these cookies on a second baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake all biscuits 8 - 10 min at 190 ° C (tea 6-7).
- Let the biscuits cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with the icing sugar. Spread the other discs with 1 tbsp. lemon curd or chocolate, as desired. Close with the disc covered with icing sugar.
- The cookies are ready to be crunched!