Rabbit with cider, apples and pears
- 1,8 kg Rabbit cut into 10 pieces
- 2 Apple
- 1 Pear Buttered Hardy or Louise Good or Pass-Crassane
- 3 Shallot
- 3 leaves Laurier
- 2 branches Fresh tarragon
- 40 g Celery
- 50 cl Salted butter
- 250 g Cider
- Smoked bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the rind of the smoked breast, then detail it in big bacon. Book. Wash fruits and vegetables. Cut the celery branch into slices, the shallots in half and the fruit in quarters.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (5/6 th) in rotary heat - or 180 ° C (6 th) for a traditional oven. In a pan, melt the butter over high heat, then brown the pieces of rabbit and bacon for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the shallots, celery, bay leaf and mix well in the butter. Pour the cider, cover and cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Then add the apple and pear quarters and the tarragon. Add salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 45 minutes in the oven, uncovered, and watering regularly.