Rabbit with beer
- 1 1.5 kg rabbit cut into pieces
- 2 Onion
- 300 g Paris mushroom
- 1 cube Poultry broth
- 2 tbsp. soup Flour
- 33 cl Brown beer
- 30 g Margarine
- 1 Bouquet garni
- 1 C. soup Old-style mustard
- 2 tbsp. soup Jelly of currants
- Salt and pepper
- In a casserole, melt the margarine and brown the pieces of rabbit on all sides. Remove the meat and reserve.
- Prepare a broth by boiling 20 cl of water with the chicken stock cube.
- Peel and slice the onions. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into strips. In the casserole used for cooking the meat, sauté the onions and mushrooms for a few minutes.
- When the onions are tender, sprinkle with flour, then pour the chicken broth while mixing. Thicken for a few minutes on low heat.
- Then add the beer and bouquet garni and the mustard and currant jelly. Put the rabbit pieces back in the pan, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat and covered for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Serve with fresh pasta or steamed potatoes.