Poularde with vanilla
- 1 Bresse chicken cut into pieces (2 kg)
- 2 pods Vanilla
- 25 cl Yellow wine
- 40 cl Liquid cream
- 30 g Butter
- 1 C. soup Flour
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on th. 6 (180 ° C). Salt, pepper and flour the chicken pieces. Melt the butter in a casserole. Add the chicken pieces. Make them come back 5 min on each face with very soft fire. Pour 5 cl of yellow wine. Add a split vanilla pod. Cover. Slide the casserole into the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces. Keep them warm. Degrease the juice. Boil and reduce to almost dry, over very low heat. Pour the remaining wine into the casserole. Reduce again 5 min.
- Put the chicken pieces back in the casserole. Pour 30 cl of cream. Cook for another 20 minutes over low heat without covering.
- Split the second vanilla pod. Scrape the inside with the tip of a knife. Mix these seeds with the remaining cream. Pour into the casserole. Continue cooking 5 min. Rectify the seasoning.
- Serve hot, ideally accompanied by fresh pasta with truffles.