Pot-au-feu with forgotten vegetables
- 1 kg Rib dish
- 1 kg Beef house
- 800 g Beef panties
- 1 Tail of beef
- 4 Bone marrow
- 2 big Carrot
- 2 Onion stitched with 3 cloves
- 1 Bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf, parsley, celery stalk) folded in a leek leaf
- 400 g Coarse salt
- 400 g Peppercorns
- 400 g For garnish
- 400 g Parsnip
- Jerusalem artichoke
- Nuts oil
- Put the rib dish in a large Dutch oven. Cover with 5 liters of cold water. Bring to a boil while foaming. Cook for 1 hour over low heat. Add the grated carrots, onions, the bouquet garni and 12 peppercorns. When boiling boils, add the roast, panties and oxtail. Salt slightly. Cook for 3 hours 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the parsnips, rinse them and cut them into pieces. Peel the Jerusalem artichokes. Rinse and peel the salsify. Peel the rutabagas. Cut them into slices. Cook these vegetables separately for 30 minutes in a little broth.
- Remove the meat with a skimmer. Filter the broth. Degrease it. Pour it back into the pot with the meat and all the vegetables. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Place coarse salt on each end of the bone marrow. Poach them for 10 minutes in 50 cl of stock.
- Arrange meats and vegetables on a platter. Sprinkle with a little broth and a dash of hazelnut oil. Serve with gherkins, pickled onions, coarse salt, pepper and mustard.