An easy recipe of nut crackers from our favorite pastry chef; Christine Ferber! A delight.
- 220 g Wheat flour
- 150 g Granulated sugar
- 150 g Butter at room temperature
- 2 Egg
- 150 g Mix of grated nuts
- 2 g Chemical yeast
- 1 pinch Cell
- 50 g Shredded almond
- Sift the flour on your worktable, then dig a well. Spread salt, baking powder and grated nuts around the edges. Put the butter and sugar in the center. Mix with your fingertips until you get a creamy cream. Gradually bring the flour to the center of the well and gently rub this mixture between your hands, so as to have a texture reminiscent of sand.
- Form a new well. Break the eggs into a bowl and pour them into the well. Knead the dough gently. Then roll it into a ball.
- Wrap the dough carefully in a cling film and allow it to rest at least 1 h cool before using.
- Let the dough temper at room temperature. On a sheet of plastic, lay the dough on 6 mm thick, in a rectangle of 25 by 35 cm, flouring lightly. Cut out this rectangle in two strips. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Wet with a little water using a brush.
- Sprinkle with grated almonds.
- Cut small oven into sticks 2 cm wide. Put them on a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Cook for 8 min at 180 ° C (tea 6). Let the walnut sticks cool on the baking sheet.