Moussaka with ground beef
- 1 kg Aubergine
- 500 g Ground beef
- 1 Onion
- 1 Big box of peeled tomato
- 100 g Thyme and laurel
- 100 g Grated cheese
- 30 g Feta
- 30 g Butter
- 40 cl Flour
- 3 c. soup Milk
- Olive oil
- Wash the aubergines, cut them into slices, put them on paper towels and salt them. Let them disgorge about 1 hour.
- Peel and slice the onion. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in large skillet, brown onion, add meat, tomatoes, thyme and bay leaf, season. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the bechamel. In a saucepan melt the butter with the flour to obtain a roux. Add the milk gradually and continue to whisk and let the sauce thicken. Add salt and pepper.
- Rinse the eggplant slices and sponge them out.
- Oil an oven dish, put eggplant slices in the bottom, divide the meat mixture with the feta cut into pieces, cover with another layer of aubergines. mix the bechamel with the grated cheese and spread the sauce over the aubergines.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the moussaka is golden brown.