Little babas in the cafe
- For babas Traditional baker's yeast
- 1/2 sachet (4 g) Warm milk
- 3 c. soup Flour
- 250 g Cell
- 1 C. coffee Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. coffee Egg
- 3 Soft butter
- 75 gr Melted butter
- 25 gr For syrup
- 600 gr Granulated sugar
- 3 c. soup Dark rum
- 3 c. soup Coffee extract
- In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in 2 tbsp. tablespoon warm water and milk. Book 10 minutes. Add the flour mixed with salt and sugar. Stir in the eggs one by one. Mix after each egg. Work the dough by hand for 10 minutes by folding it several times on itself and then stretching until it is smooth and elastic, or 4 minutes in a robot with a dough hook.
- Stir in the softened butter. The dough should stretch without breaking. Pick it up in a ball. Cover the bowl with a cloth. Let rise 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Rework the dough by folding it several times on itself. Divide it into 12 portions. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (6-7). Butter 12 small baba molds with melted butter. Put the dough in the molds. Let rise 30 minutes. The dough should reach the edge of the mussels.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- In a saucepan, bring 1 liter of water to the boil with the sugar. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Pour into a jar. Let cool, then perfume with rum and coffee extract. Unmount the babas. Put them warm in the warm syrup. When cold, close the jar and reserve in the refrigerator. Present the babas in the jar.Serve them with whipped cream.