- 700 g Boneless lamb shoulder in 3 cm cubes
- 2 Red onion
- 30 g Fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. soup Fresh coriander
- 1 C. soup Turmeric powder
- 1 C. soup Cumin powder
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 4 Clove
- 2 Star of badiane
- 12 cloves Green cardamom
- 1 C. coffee pistils Safran
- 150 g Basmati rice
- 150 g Ghee
- Preheat the oven on th.7 (220 ° C).
- Peel the onions. Slice them. Peel the ginger, grated it. Split the cardamom pods.
- Infuse the saffron pistils for 15 minutes in 30 cl of warm water. Filter Chinese.
- Heat 75 g of ghee in a cast iron casserole. Brown the sliced onions. Add ginger, turmeric and cumin. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pieces of meat, salt and cook for 10 minutes over high heat, stirring regularly. Turn off the fire. Book.
- Melt the remaining ghee in a saucepan. Add cinnamon, cloves, star anise and cardamom pods. Fry for 1 minute. Pour the rice. Mix and fry the rice for 3 minutes, until it becomes transparent. Turn off the heat, pour 25 cl of water. Salt, stir.
- Pour the fragrant rice into the casserole with the meat. Add saffron water. Mix and carry on the fire. When boiling, turn off, cover the pan, bake and cook for 20 minutes. The rice should not dry (if necessary, pour 10 cl of warm salt water and cook another 25 minutes). Serve very hot, in the casserole, sprinkled with chopped coriander.