Half-mourning hen, season vegetables
- 1 Poultry (chicken or capon from 2 to 2.5 kg)
- 2 truffles
- 4 Salsifis
- 2 Parsnip
- 2 carrots
- 200 g Crosnes
- 1 Some florets of romanesco cabbage
- 80 g Citron
- 1 Butter
- 1 Olive oil
- 1 Flower of salt and pepper
- 30 g Carrot
- 1 Leek
- 25 cl Onion
- 25 cl Dried mushrooms
- 100 g Bay leaf
- 2 Bouillon
- Fresh cream (40% M.G.)
- Foie gras (optional)
- Small cubes of handled butter (20 g of cold butter mixed with 20 g of flour)
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Pour 2 liters of water into a saucepan. l Add sliced vegetables with bay leaf and dried mushrooms. Cook for 30 minutes.
- THE VEGETABLES
- Peel the salsify in the peeler and remove the ends. Put them in lemon water. Cut them into sticks and take regular ribbons using a razor-sharpener from the top of the vegetable without forcing and pulling gently towards you. Put them back in the lemon water.
- Peel the parsnips. Cut the first thin slices into bevel, then make larger washers and remove the center (too hard) to the cookie cutter.
- Scrape the carrots.
- Put the crosnes in a cloth with coarse salt and roll them energetically on the work surface. All the little skins will be gone. Rinse with cold water to remove excess salt.
- Prepare and slice some florets of romanesco cabbage.
- Peel, but do not remove completely, the skin all over its surface by gently passing your fingers between the flesh and skin as if you were donning a glove. Slice the truffle into strips and line the poultry. Keep a little to grate it when serving. Cut thin strips of butter (about 50 g) with the razor-sharpener and cover the truffles. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Close the skin. Roll the poultry in a clean, damp towel tight and tight at each end. Dip the chicken in the saucepan and let simmer for about 1 hour (or more depending on the weight). Water it every 10 min.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and let it rest in the cloth.
- Remove the filling, salt the broth and cook the vegetables (except the salsify) in the following order: 20 min for parsnips, 12 min for crosnes and carrots, 10 min for romanesco.
- THE SAUCE
- Take 25 cl of broth and add 25 cl of cream. Simmer in a small saucepan to reduce the sauce. Add some foie gras, if you wish, switch to Chinese, then stir in the whipped butter. Salt, pepper and grate a little truffle at the last moment. Desolate the poultry, arrange the pieces in a saucepan and heat them with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, fry the precooked vegetables and add 30 g butter. Fry the salsify ribbons in the pan with a little olive oil.
- Cut the poultry, serve it on the plate, with the vegetables and ribbons of salsify, cover with sauce and grated a little truffle on the whole, when serving.