Gravlax of roasted pigeons
- 2 Pigeon
- 150 g Sugar
- 200 g Fine salt
- 20 g Mixed 5 crushed berries
- 15 strands Aromatic herb (coriander, mint, thyme, oregano, sage, dill, hyssop)
- 4 Carrot
- 3 Navel long
- 30 g Soft butter
- 1 C. soup Sugar
- 1/2 c. coffee Cell
- 10 Olive tomato
- 1 filet Olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon (the juice)
- 2 Flower of salt
- 10 cl Shallot
- 2 tbsp. coffee Vinegar
- 2 pinches Sugar
- Cut the pigeons in half. Slice the herbs. Mix with sugar, salt and 5-berry mixture. Coat the pigeons well. Shoot and book at least 2 to 24 hours.
- Peel the carrots and turnips. Cut 2 turnips into strips and the other vegetables into bevel. Place these in a saucepan with medium-high water, sugar, salt and butter. Cut out a circle of parchment paper the size of the pan. Drill a hole in the middle and lay the sheet on the pan. Cook the vegetables for about 7 minutes over medium heat. Plant the tip of a knife: it must meet no resistance. Remove the vegetables and reduce the juice until it has a syrup consistency. Put them in the pan with turnips in strips to make a frosting (the syrup should not caramelize and change color).
- Cut the tomatoes in four. Sprinkle with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Book at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (6/7).
- Pickles: Boil 5 min. 10cl of water, vinegar, salt and sugar. Slice the shallots. Out of the fire, add them, cover and reserve.
- Pass the pigeons quickly under cold water without really rinsing them. Wipe them gently. Brown them in a very hot skillet, without fat, 30 seconds on the skin side, then 3 minutes on the flesh side. Remove them and put them in a baking dish. Cook them 5 to 10 minutes, depending on your taste.
- Meanwhile, deglaze the pan with the vegetable juice. Add a pinch of sugar and caramelize the shallots.
- Cut the pigeons: lift the fillets and thighs. In each plate, arrange some vegetables, pieces of pigeons, 3 strips of turnips, tomatoes and a little juice.