Gratin of gnocchi with tomato sauce
- 500 to 600 g gnocchi
- 700 g Tomato puree in box of very good quality OR fresh tomato in summer
- 4 tranches Italian ham
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 handle Grated parmesan
- 1 big ball Mozzarella
- 10 leaves Basil
- 1 C. coffee Herbs of Provence
- 1 pinch Granulated sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the tomato sauce: in a large saucepan, sweat the chopped onion and chopped garlic in a little olive oil. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring often, until onion is tender. Add the raw ham cut into pieces, and mix. Then add the tomato purée, 5 chopped basil leaves, the Provence herbs, sugar, salt, pepper, stir, and let the sauce thicken for 10-15 min.
- During the preparation of the tomato sauce, cook the gnocchi in a large volume of boiling salted water. Follow the instructions of the package (usually 2-3 minutes is enough). Gnocchi are cooked when they float on the surface. Drain and reserve. You can also do your own gnocchi.
- In the bottom of a baking dish, pour half of the tomato sauce. Add the gnocchi, grated Parmesan, and cover with tomato sauce. Spread the torn mozzarella cheese over the gratin and bake for 20 minutes at 190 ° C (tea 6-7). The gratin is ready when the cheese is melted and begins to brown.
- Before serving, decorate the gratin of gnocchi with some fresh basil leaves.