- 500 g Bulgur grain medium
- 200 g Granulated sugar
- 20 cl Apple or orange juice
- 1 handle Date (roughly chopped)
- 2 Apple (unpeeled, diced)
- 2 Pear (peeled and diced)
- 1 big handle Fig or cooked apricot
- 1 pinch Cinnamon powder
- 1 handle Chopped fresh mint
- Fresh fig (optional)
- Honey or lemon juice
- Pour the sugar into a saucepan with 50 cl of water. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Put the bulgur in a bowl with the fruit juice. Add the sugar syrup and let stand about 2 hours, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the semolina is tender. Eliminate any excess fluid.
- Add dates, apples, pear, cooked fruits, cinnamon and mint. Mix well. Add your choice of sugar, honey or lemon juice, according to your taste. Serve at room temperature.