French toast and its crushed tomatoes
- 4 tranches Stale bread
- 4 tranches Lomo (dried pork tenderloin flavored with Espelette pepper) or bresaola (beef, salted, spicy and dried)
- 1 can (400 g) Crushed tomato
- 100 g Grated Comté
- 2 Egg
- 4 c. soup Milk
- 2 tbsp. soup Pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on th. 6 (180 ° C). Drain the tomatoes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Salt, pepper. Add the milk.
- Dip the slices of bread one by one into this mixture, allowing them to soak. Drain and brown in hot butter for 2 minutes on each side.
- Put them in a buttered oven dish. Spread over the crushed tomatoes, sprinkle with Comté cheese and arrange the lomo slices. Bake and cook for 5 minutes, until the cheese is crunchy. Serve with a cup of pesto.