Fluffy cake with coconut
This delicious, sweet coconut cake is perfect for a birthday treat. Especially when served with homemade custard! Discover how to make in 15 minutes our recipe of soft coconut fondant by following our 11 steps. Simple and fast.
- 3 Egg
- 10 cl Whole milk
- 100 g Grated coconut
- 20 g Sugar
- 150 g Sweetened condensed milk
- 55 g Flour
- 65 g Melted butter half salt
- 2 tbsp. soup Zest of yuzu or zest of lime
- Start preparing your soft coconut cake by preheating your oven in natural convection at 160 ° C (th.5-6).
- Butter and flour your cake pan.
- Heat the milk and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan for 5 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Reserve off the heat.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar, then add 90 g grated coconut (keeping the rest for decoration), melted butter, flour, and milk in several times. Mix to obtain a homogeneous preparation.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer.
- Add them to the previous preparation, delicately, breaking them with a whisk. Be careful not to whip them too much: lumps must still float on the surface.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool and reserve cool 2 hours before tasting.
- Sprinkle with grated coconut and some yuzu zest before serving your soft coconut fondant with a good custard!