Eric Kayser Carrot & Cheddar Quiche
- 250 g Flour
- 150 g Soft butter
- 50 g Milk
- 1/2 Egg yolk
- 200 g Fine salt
- 1 Fennel seed or sesame or herbes de Provence
- 50 g Broken dough (purchased or recipe above)
- 270 g Orange (juice)
- 120 g Butter
- 2 Carrot
- 100 g Cheddar
- 150 g Egg
- Clotted cream
- Salt and pepper
- Broken dough: Pour the flour on the work surface and dig a well in the center. Cut the butter into pieces and put it in the well. Mix quickly by crumbling the dough with your fingertips, until you get a sandy mixture. Re-form a well and pour in milk mixed with egg yolk, seeds, herbs or spices and salt. Amalgamate the ingredients by crushing them, then form a homogeneous ball of dough. Flatten slightly, then wrap in food film. Let stand at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, ideally overnight.
- Pie: Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Spread the dough to a thickness of 3 mm on the lightly floured worktop. Garnish with a buttered pie pan and bake with balls or cooking weights for 20 minutes.
- Pour the orange juice into a pot of boiling water with the butter. Cook the carrots for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut the cheddar into thin strips.
- Cut the carrots into strips and place them with the cheddar on the pie shell.
- Beat the eggs in a salad bowl. Add the milk and cream, then salt and pepper generously.
- Pour this mixture onto the pie shell and bake for about 30 minutes.