Endive with ham
- 10 Washed endive
- 10 tranches White Ham
- 60 g Flour
- 60 g Butter
- 1 L Milk
- 2 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 100 g Salt and pepper
- Gruyère or grated emmental cheese
- Olive oil
- Slightly cut the trunk of the chicory. Put the endive in a large hot pan with a little olive oil. Brown them 3 min on each side. Add the chopped garlic and adjust the seasoning. Add 20 cl of water, cover and lower the heat. Cook the endives 20 min on low heat, turning them halfway through cooking. Continue cooking for 20 minutes over medium heat until the liquid evaporates.
- Bechamel: Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon for 1 min. Add the milk in several times, whisking quickly. Season the seasoning, and add the pinch of grated nutmeg. Let simmer for a few minutes without stopping whipping until the béchamel sauce thickens. Add half of the cheese, mix and cook for 3 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200 ° C. Butter a gratin dish. Wrap each endive in a slice of ham. Align the endives in the bottom of the gratin dish, cover with the béchamel, and distribute the rest of the cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes for gratin.