Eggplant curry with coconut milk
For this recipe for eggplant curry with coconut milk, choose if possible for green mini-eggplants from Thailand, or eggplant peas (makreu puang) often used in Thai curries.
- 8 Light green round aubergines
- 2 Medium tomatoes
- 200 g Chickpeas
- 1 Medium onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 C. coffee Cumin
- 1 C. coffee Garam Masala
- 2 cm Ginger root
- 1 C. soup Sweet curry paste
- 40 cl Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. soup Coconut oil
- ½ Bunch of coriander
- Peel the ginger, garlic and onion and chop them. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped mixture. Add the spices and the curry paste.
- Peel and crush the tomatoes, cut the round aubergines into quarters, before adding them to the preparation, wet with 10 cl of water and let simmer for 10 or 15 minutes, over medium heat and covered.
- Add the coconut milk and chickpeas. Salt and continue cooking for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with basmati rice.