Classic moussaka with lamb
- 4 Aubergines
- 500 g Chopped lamb
- 1 Beautiful onion
- 30 cl Dry white wine
- 1 Big box of crushed tomatoes
- 100 g Kefalograviera (grated Greek cheese)
- 6 Beautiful potatoes
- 1 Clove garlic
- 3 c. soup Olive oil
- 3 Sprigs of thyme
- 1 sheet Laurier
- 50 g Olive oil
- 70 g Cinnamon
- 50 cl Salt and pepper
- 2 Flour
- Egg yolk
- Wash and cut the aubergines into 1 cm thick slices. Salt then leave to disgorge during 1 h. Cook the potatoes with their skin in salted boiling water. Drain, peel and slice.
- Peel and chop the onion. Sweat it in a casserole with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the meat, peeled and crushed garlic clove, thyme and bay leaf. Bring back a few minutes on high heat. pour the white wine, then add the tomatoes. Cook over medium heat and covered for about 30 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, rinse and dry the aubergines. Brown them in olive oil in a hot frying pan until they are colored on each side. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (item 6).
- The sauce: In a saucepan, melt 50 g butter, then add the flour. Whisk and leave and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually pour in the milk and mix until thick. Season with salt, pepper and a few pinches of cinnamon. Let cool slightly, then stir in the egg yolks and half of the grated cheese.
- Butter a gratin dish. Arrange half of the eggplant and potatoes, then cover with the meat sauce. Cover with another layer of eggplants and potatoes. Sprinkle with sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of cheese.
- Bake and cook 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.