Chocolate marbled meringues - caramel
- 3 (100 g) Egg white
- 100 g Granulated sugar
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 30 g Pastry dark chocolate melted in a bain-marie
- 3 c. about Caramel
- Meringue: Preheat your oven to 100 ° C. Prepare a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a robot, pour the egg whites. Whisk at medium speed 2-3 min. When the whites are almost firm, add 1 tbsp. tablespoon caster sugar. Beat a few more seconds, then add 2 more spoonfuls of sugar, letting the robot whip between each addition. Pour the remaining sugar (+ 100 g icing sugar) gently in the rain, whisking at high speed for a few minutes. When the meringue is firm and shiny, stop whipping.
- Add a fillet of melted chocolate to the meringue and a fillet of caramel. Mix roughly with a skewer, to create mottling.
- Using a tablespoon, put a pile of meringue on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Space the meringues well.
- Bake the meringues for about 1 hour of cooking. Important: let them cool in the oven off (2 hrs). They will dry a little.