Carrot tart with orange cream and candied zest
The carrot cake is not the only dessert to know how to use the carrot in a very greedy way ... Also try this delicious recipe of carrot tart with orange cream and candied zest.
- 250 g Sanded or broken dough
- 250 g Carrot
- 20 cl Carrot juice
- 2 Organic orange
- 300 g Caster sugar
- 4 Egg yolk
- 1 C. short soup Cornflour
- 2 pinches Cinnamon powder
- Prepare the oranges: cut the rind of 1 orange into thin slices and sticks. Squeeze the oranges and filter the juice.
- Prepare the zests: immerse the zests in a large amount of water, bring to a boil, cook for 2 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
- Pour 150 g of sugar into a saucepan, add 25 cl of water, cook until light syrup is obtained, dip the zests and cook for 10 minutes over moderate heat.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin ribbons using a thrifty.
- When the zests have cooked for 10 min, put in the syrup the slices of carrots, turn, cook for 5 to 6 min over low heat and remove from heat. Remove zesty syrup and carrot slices, drain and allow to cool.
- Prepare the cream: dissolve the cornflour in the carrot juice. Pour the orange and carrot juices, cinnamon, and heat over low heat into a pan.
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl, pour over the remaining sugar, whip the mixture until it turns white, then add in a thin stream, without stop whipping, the mixture of juices, pour the mixture into a saucepan , put it on low heat and cook with a wooden spoon until the cream thickens. Remove from the fire and reserve.
- Turn on the oven at 200 ° C (tea 6-7). Butter four tartlet molds 12 cm in diameter, garnish with dough and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the pie crusts from the oven and let them cool.
- Mount tarts: pour the cream on the bottoms, let cool completely, spread over the orange zest and slices of carrots, cook the cooking juices of the zest, until obtaining a thick syrup, pour on tartlets and serve