Candied apples and salted butter caramel
Which apple to choose for this recipe of candied apples and salted butter caramel? Fragrant and sweet, with good baking: gala, Queen of Pippets, Elstar, golden dew.
- 7 Baked apple (golden dew)
- 30 g Half-salt butter
- 25 cl Organic apple juice
- 30 g Brown sugar
- 125 g Sugar
- 85 g Butter
- 90 g Whole liquid cream
- 60 g Organic apple juice
- 2 pinches Flower of salt
- 1 Apple baked as in the first part of the recipe
- 1 Vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (item 6). Wash the apples, peel them, leaving a small skin corolla at the top. Evacuate them from below with an empty apple, without piercing them.
- In a baking dish, place the apples tightly. Sprinkle with butter nuts. Sprinkle with sugar brown sugar, pour the apple juice at the bottom of the dish. Cook 40 min. Sprinkle the fruit generously with the cooking juices.
- Prepare the caramel. Split the vanilla pod in half. Scrape the pulp and let it steep in a saucepan with the cream (do not put the clove). Wear quivering, remove from heat and cover.
- In another saucepan, melt the sugar dry with the previously scraped vanilla bean until dark blond caramel. Off the heat, add the diced butter and the fleur de sel. Mix. Pour the vanilla cream still warm, then the apple juice. Without stopping mixing, put back on the heat and boil for 30 seconds.
- Stop cooking and remove the vanilla pod. With a fork, crush an already cooked apple (see beginning of the recipe) and add it to the caramel. Mix with a diving foot. Filter the caramel with a fine strainer.
- Sprinkle apples generously with this caramel and serve as a side dish.