Black figs confit with Mexican tarragon
- 8 Ripe black fig
- 10 leaves Mexican tarragon
- 1 Orange
- 100 g Myrtille
- 60 g Caster sugar
- Squeeze the orange after taking a ribbon of zest without damaging the white, bitter skin. Pour the juice into a frying pan with 10 cl of water, sugar, tarragon leaves and orange zest. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pass the figs quickly under water. Split them crosswise halfway up. Add them to the syrup and cook for 5 minutes over high heat, turning often. Remove them from the syrup and place in a deep dish.
- Add the blueberries to the syrup (cut the larger ones in half). Turn the figs 2 minutes and pour over the blueberry syrup.
- Serve these figs warm or cold, as is or accompanied by a honey ice cream or almonds.