Beef carrots with sweet spices
Discover our delicious beef-carrot recipe with sweet spices. The secret of the best stews? Let the meat soak up the perfumes of a marinade ... It's a bit long, but there is no better!
- 800 g Beef cut in large cubes
- 1 C. coffee Pepper
- 1 C. coffee Coriander seed
- 1 C. coffee Cumin
- 1 Untreated orange
- 2 Onion
- 2 glasses Red wine
- 1 cube Vegetable broth
- 1 barrel Carrot fades
- 20 g Butter
- 2 tbsp. soup Olive oil
- 2 branches Thyme
- 6 strands Parsley
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- The day before, take the zest of the orange and squeeze its juice in a salad bowl. Add the spices and the meat and mix. Place in the fridge for 12 hours.
- The same day, heat in a casserole, the butter with 1 tbsp. tablespoon of olive oil. Brown the drained meat on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the carrots in half lengthwise. Peel and slice the onions. Remove the meat. In the same casserole, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and brown the onions. Add the meat and pour the red wine. Salt slightly, pepper, add the thyme and the diluted broth in 40 cl of water. Cover and cook for 2 hours over low heat.
- At the end of this time, add the carrots and continue cooking for 30 minutes covered. Discover and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes to reduce the juice. Stretch and chop the parsley, sprinkle on the simmer just before eating.