Arancini rice balls, croquettes de riz
- 300 g Riz risotto Arborio or Carnaroli
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp. soup Olive oil
- 75 cl Poultry broth
- 10 cl Dry white wine
- 60 g Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. soup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 balls Mozzarella
- 3 strands Thyme
- 2 Egg
- 100 g Flour
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- Frying oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the broth. Peel and chop the onion. Make it come back in a pan with the oil, without letting it color.
- Add the rice and mix until it is covered with fat. Pour the white wine and let evaporate completely.
- Then pour the broth, ladle after ladle. Salt, pepper, cook for 18 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Off the heat, add Parmesan cheese, leafy thyme and mascarpone. Mix and let cool.
- Cut the mozzarella into cubes. Form rice balls with wet hands. Tap a finger in the center of each ball, then slide a piece of mozzarella inside. Close the hole with a little rice and reshape the balls.
- Prepare 3 soup plates with the flour in the first, eggs beaten in the second and breadcrumbs in the third. Pass the balls successively in the three plates. Arrange them as you go on a dish.
- Heat the frying oil and brown the croquettes in small amounts, turning them over with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer them to a plate covered with paper towels. Serve immediately.